General Discussion Without All The Extra

jy76
Cash on hand: Locked

Tablets and Cellphones Taking Over the Market

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:05 am

Webmasters trying to make money or simply wanting a decent amount of traffic should know this.  Nowadays, a desktop and, maybe to a lesser extent, a laptop is becoming more obsolete.  Do you all like this new situation?  How are you adapting?

Demon_skeith

Re: Tablets and Cellphones Taking Over the Market

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:14 am

I wouldn't dismiss a laptop just yet, but I do agree that tablets and cell phones are shooting through the roof. Can't to have fluid designs these days so your site looks good on any resolution. 

jy76

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Tablets are fine, but cellphones suck for looking at the net.  The screen is way too small.  I don't understand how anyone could enjoy that experience.  Nonetheless, though, cell phones do have some good uses, tech wise, and can be fun in that way.

Hazza

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:32 pm

I use my phone to look at the web a lot nowadays. Sure the screen may be small, but you can zoom in which is helpful. Although nothing can top off a laptop as I love it so much. I definitely think a phone can be used more than just looking at social media as even if you have to look up something quick, you can usually find what you're looking for or if you're not at a laptop you can still get onto your sites.

If you ever need any help with anything, feel free to ask me through private messaging or on the forums.

jy76

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:26 am

I've been thinking about getting a tablet with a keyboard.  They got one at a local store for around 100 USD.  It would be nice to have around for long trips like on a bus or plane.  Of course, you could always access the net at some fast food restaurant, motel, etc..

peachpurple

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:14 am

laptop and tablets plus smartphone are still the most commonly used gadgets now. However, one could hardly see any household with desktop PC anymore because the price of desktop and laptop are on the same bar.

I love blogging at Literacybase and Hubpages