General Discussion Without All The Extra

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Topic Author

UK Election 2017

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Theresa May will visit Buckingham Palace at 12:30 BST to seek permission to form a new UK government, despite losing her Commons majority.

She is seeking to stay in office on the understanding that the Democratic Unionists of Northern Ireland will support her minority administration. With one seat left to declare, the Tories are eight seats short of the 326 figure needed to command a majority. Jeremy Corbyn has urged her to quit, saying Labour is "ready to serve". After a disappointing night for the Conservatives, Theresa May faces ending up with 12 fewer seats than when she called the election and will need the support of other parties to govern.

Considering she called this election in hope of getting a bigger majority so her job would be easier, this is wonderful news for us Labour supporters. Hopefully she resigns after a few months. Absolutely hate her :@

Formally Known As The Legend That Was "kingcool52"

Mozzie

Re: UK Election 2017

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:35 pm

She will have to be pushed out before she leaves lol

Demon_skeith
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:16 am

sounds like things are getting messier in the UK?

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Topic Author

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:45 am

sounds like things are getting messier in the UK?
Unfortunately :(. Doesn't help that she is getting supported by an anti-LGBT, anti-abortion party that also doesn't believe in dinosaurs
She will have to be pushed out before she leaves lol
Definitely. She seems like a power hungry person. I feel like the conservatives themselves will push her out before this year has ended.

Formally Known As The Legend That Was "kingcool52"

Sprite1950

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:45 am

I'm a Labour supporter too but I don't believe Theresa May will resign. It's 3 months since this thread was started and still no sign of her resignation neither do I think she will be pushed out by her party by the end of this year. I believe she will see us through Brexit and then resign although I could be wrong.